Get More Done Without The Stress
When it comes to getting more done…
Actions speak louder than words.
Talking and planning just aren’t enough to do what needs to get done when it comes to creating a business and a life your love.
Of course, daydreaming and planning are the easy part; the fun part.
Still, having brilliant ideas without action and follow-through is nothing more than a waste of time and mental energy.
If you want brilliant things to happen; if you want your dreams of more joy, ease and balance in life to come true, it’s important to spend focused amounts of your time actually doing something to move you in that direction.
So, how do you get more done without the stress?
Focused action is the key.
And, when we´re willing to take responsibility for creating the joy and balance we want to see in our lives, the focused action part of things is actually pretty easy to do.
Here are 6 steps to get you started:
Step #1: Realize Nothing Changes Until Your Behavior Changes
Visualization and positive self-talk have their place, but they’re only effective if your behavior changes. You can try to wish your way to a inner peace and balance but it won’t happen unless you’re actually willing to do life differently.
- Understand that a consistent change in your behavior is the key to real change in your life.
Step #2: Know The Results You Are After
It’s not easy to take focused action if you don’t know what you really want your life to be like to begin with.
Be clear on your intention. Take the time to determine what you want to accomplish. How do you see your life changing? Have you thought about what a perfect day might look like?
What actions can you take today to move in that direction?
Step #3: Start Small
Do you want to have more time for yourself? Get started by blocking time out in your calendar. Commit to that time like you would commit to time with a client.
This time, though, the client is you.
Start with 15 minutes a week, if you must. Then, after a week or two, up the time by 15 minutes.
- After 4-6 weeks, you’ll have started getting into the habit of focusing on your own needs for a change.
- Does it seem too good to be true? It isn´t. Not really. All you need to do is commit to setting the time aside and using it to treat yourself well.
- How much time did you take for yourself over the previous 12 months? Something seeming “too good to be true” is often just a matter of perspective.
Step #4: Limit The Time Spent Planning
This is one of the biggest obstacles to getting more done. Those who are slow to take action love to plan, and excessive planning can lead to feelings of stress and overwhelm.
- So, set a limit on how long you’re going to strategize before you actually do
- To keep overwhelm to a minimum, rather than trying to lay out an intricate plan, focus on the next few steps and just get moving.
Step #5: Reward Yourself
Small, meaningful rewards are a great way of motivating yourself to get more done, and having something to look forward to is a great way of reducing stress.
Choose a few inspiring rewards and what you´ll do to achieve them. Get excited and begin taking action.
Then, when you’ve earned that reward, enjoy it!
Step #6: Get An Early Start
I don´t know about you but if I can accomplish something worthwhile before 9AM, I always feel motivated to do even more as the day goes on.
- If you fail to do anything substantial by noon, you’ll feel bad about how you wasted the morning. Then you won’t feel like doing anything in the afternoon. And, as a result, it´s all-too easy to fall into the trap of letting yourself off the hook and thinking you’ll get twice as much done tomorrow. (Which doesn´t usually happen and making this process a habit can be really stressful. Don´t fall into that trap!)
Take a close look at those people you know who are enjoying the balance, ease and joy in their life you´d like to experience in yours…
Chances are there is nothing particularly exceptional about them. They are no smarter or more capable than you are. And yet, they manage to get things accomplished each day by taking consistent, focused action.
You don´t have to be spectacular to live a life you love.
All you really need to do is learn how to make the most of your time without stressing yourself out in the process.
Consistent, focused action is the key to enjoying everything that matters in your life.
So, what are you waiting for? Start with step 1 above and get going today!